Have you ever felt so tired with your job, relationship, or life in general? Sometimes you may feel like you’re not we want to be & know you can’t continue to feel this way. However you also don’t know where you’re going, how to get there, or what to do next.
It all seems so confusing wondering if it’s a sign from God , maybe you need some rest ,or vacation. In all honesty it can be all three this may sound surprising to some but when you feel lost or confused it’s the perfect time to gain peace and clarity about God‘s purpose for your life.
How do I know? I’ve used meditation & it has helped me when I was overwhelmed & didn’t know what to do next. Because just like driving in the car life is a journey & we need to be refueled. When we’re lost on the road and don’t know which way to go you turn on your GPS. In the same way when you hear someone say Jesus take the wheel. For many it refers to the wheel of life; God has given us an internal GPS system the Holy Spirit. When we’re not taking care of ourselves spiritually it’s hard to hear the next direction. Always remember where you’re heading is better than where you came from. In the same reason the rear view mirror is way smaller than the windshield. So don’t panic & or feel defeated.
Here’s 2 verses that says we should be still & seek direction.
1. “Be still, and know that I am God” -Psalm 46:10
2. “Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.”
Now that we know we need to be still & seek direction here’s 3 steps about what to do next.
1. Meditate. Stop what you’re doing get away from all the noise, go to a quiet place, and just spend time communicating with God, whether that’s a silent prayer or reading scriptures. I personally do both a prayer backed by scriptures because He’s a man of His Word. You do so by breathing deeply you feel more at peace and better able to receive what God has for you. Also don’t get caught up not hearing an answer right away or by certain timeline. Be patient and consistent even if you start with 10 minutes a day. Just enjoy being in the calming, loving, peaceful, presence of God that is within you. The more you communicate with God the more you open yourself up to listening to what God has to say, what He’s telling you do, and when He wants you to do it.
2. Remember. While you’re meditating on God's word and spending time in His presence you should remind yourself of not only the things you see God has done in the life of others but the things He’s brought you out of or protected you from. Whether is a safe drive, a job opportunity, a place to live, or a healthy life. When God says “ Be Still and know that I’m God” that means sit & remember that He’s still the God of Abraham, Isaac, & Jacob that He can do all things. He knows your entire life the beginning, middle, & end so trust the author for your next chapter. Here’s a quick reminder “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
3. Be of Service. Even when we don’t know what specifically to do with our lives we can always remember that God wants us to act with love, peace, joy, patience,kindness, goodness, gentleness, and self-control. Despite where you are in life God still wants us to use those characteristics whether it’s at school or work. Do you know any coworkers or classmates that can use some kind words, encouragement, someone who needs a meal, or a couple bucks? Always be looking for ways that you can show kindness to other people around. Not only will it be pleasing to God but it brings you peace, fuels your spirit, & brings you closer to your purpose. Some ways I’ve found to do these things is to give daily complements & words of encouragement whether on social media or at work. I also use my time to volunteer at church, schools, and sometimes feed my starving children. Look forward to seeing you put your faith in action, gain more Christ consciousness, sharing God’s love and light with the world. This too is self care & self love.